Survivorship 101 Class
- For survivors of any cancer
- 9 weeks, from recovery to renewal
- Participants may bring a friend
You are a champion who has survived a scary ordeal. Survivorship 101 is your next step towards finding balance and reopening your world after being focused on your recovery for so long. These weekly sessions provide practical guidance for your next steps, including research-based advice on topics like nutrition, exercise, relaxation and sexual functioning. You will work with a specially-trained facilitator, plus meet peers and caregivers who understand your journey. Evidence shows attending Survivorship 101 reduces depression and anxiety, while increasing hope, resilience, quality of life and happiness.
- Regular attendance is essential to get the full benefit of the program. Enroll when you feel able to attend most of the sessions.
- You may end participation at any time.
- If you have completed most of your treatment and your health is stable, we invite you to enroll.
- Patients with recurrent or metastatic disease are welcome to join us as your health permits.
Thanks to generous support from our sponsors and donors, the Survivorship 101 Class is FREE to attend. We ask only for your time and commitment. Give this gift to yourself, and contact us today.
2020 Class Schedule
Classes are offered evenings from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. online to keep you safe during COVID19.
- August 6 – October 1, 2020 – Thursday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology. – Class Registration Closed
- September 1 – October 27, 2020 – Tuesday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology. –Class Registration Closed
- October 8 – December 10, 2020 – Thursday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology. (No class on Thanksgiving)
- November 3 – January 19, 2021 – Tuesday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology. (No class on November 24, December 22 and 29).
- January 7 – March 4, 2021 – Thursday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology.
- March 11 – May 6, 2021 – Tuesday Evening class will be held virtually using Zoom technology.
Would you like to be put on an “Interested List for future classes?”
We’ll email you when new classes form! Just email us at email@example.com (or call us at 402-401-6083). Or, you may check back on this page for registration details when they become available.