Caregivers Are Important, Too
Caregivers are welcome and encouraged to attend the All Cancer and Breast Cancer sessions with their loved one as the material contains information specifically designed for caregivers.
12-week Survivorship 101 Class for Caregivers
It is the goal of this class to support, educate and assist Caregivers in creating a healthy life moving forward. Hence, most information and activity presented is applicable to Caregivers as well as survivors. Additionally, Caregivers are provided their own manual written to specifically address challenges, issues and concerns unique to caregivers.
Caregivers are also given the opportunity to meet together as a group in a safe, caring environment in which they can openly and honestly discuss relevant issues. Caregivers are encouraged to participate “for themselves” in addition to being a support for their loved ones. You deserve support too, we are here to provide that.
What Does the Class Involve?
- Groups meet for about 2 1/2 hours each week for 12 weeks.
- Each week begins with gentle stretching designed to promote flexibility, clearer thinking, and physical strength.
- Weekly education will explore topics such as nutrition, supplements, coping, anxiety and depression, relationships, exercise, spirituality, sexual functioning, happiness,relaxation, and mental attitude.
- The group discussion then explores the information further, identifying ways to incorporate this knowledge into daily life.
- During weekly “power tool” demonstrations participants learn and practice specific coping techniques to help manage anxiety and promote healing.
- Each week ends with journaling, affirmations and positive intentions.
Visit our Event Calendar to see when and when programs are held.
What Is Expected of Me?
- Regular attendance is essential to get the full benefit of the program. Enroll when you feel able to attend most of the sessions.
- You’ll be asked to complete surveys so that the facilitator can evaluate whether the program is meeting its goals. This information helps us continually evaluate and improve the programming.
- You are free to end participation at any time.
Who Can Participate?
Any adult caregiver who has been intimately involved in the care of his or her loved one during the cancer journey is welcome to participate.
What Does It Cost?
A Time to Heal is FREE to participants thanks to generous support from our sponsors and benefactors. The only cost to you is your time and commitment. Give this gift to yourself and contact us today. For more information and locations or to register click here.