Breast Cancer Survivors face a unique set of challenges, concerns and emotions.
These all female groups have been beneficial as participants share similar experiences.
12-week Holistic Wellness Class for Breast Cancer Survivors
This class offers guidance, education and support for women diagnosed with breast cancer. Breast cancer can be overwhelming. It can shake our understanding of ourselves and who we are. It can take our confidence in the future and diminish our sense of self. And you have survived all of this.
Now it’s time to begin the next phase of recovery. In A Time to Heal, you can discuss and learn about many topics, including those specific to breast cancer – surgery, treatment, lymphedema, etc. You will sit among others who have been on the same journey and understand what you are going through.
The class is designed specifically for breast cancer survivors and is offered in most locations. It is open to women diagnosed with any form of breast cancer with any length of survivorship.
If you have completed surgery/chemotherapy/radiation following first diagnosis, and your health is stable enough, we invite you to enroll. If you have recurrent or metastatic disease, you are also welcome to attend if your health permits. So whether you were diagnosed this year or fifteen years ago and when you feel you could use support, we invite you to consider this program.
What Does the Class Involve?
- Groups meet for about 2 1/2 hours a week for 12 weeks.
- Each week begins with gentle stretching designed to promote flexibility, clearer thinking, and physical strength.
- Weekly education will explore topics such as nutrition, supplements, coping, anxiety and depression, relationships, exercise, spirituality, sexual functioning, happiness, relaxation, and mental attitude.
- The group discussion then explores the information further, identifying ways to incorporate this knowledge into daily life.
- During weekly “power tool” demonstrations participants learn and practice specific coping techniques to help manage anxiety and promote healing.
- Each week ends with journaling, affirmations and positive intentions.
Visit our Event Calendar to see where and when programs are held.
What Is Expected of Me?
- Regular attendance is essential to get the full benefit of the program. Enroll when you feel able to attend most of the sessions.
- You’ll be asked to complete surveys so that the facilitator can evaluate whether the program is meeting its goals. This information helps us continually evaluate and improve the programming.
- You are free to end participation at any time.
Who Can Participate?
Women who have been diagnosed and treated for breast cancer are eligible to participate. If this is a first diagnosis, we suggest you wait until your treatment is completed. If you have a recurrence or your cancer is chronic, you may participate if you feel well enough to attend. If you are considering reconstructive surgery, please enroll for A Time to Heal during a 12-week period when you won’t be having any of your surgeries. Women with additional serious health issues may not be eligible.
What Does It Cost?
A Time to Heal is FREE to participants thanks to generous support from our sponsors and benefactors. The only cost to you is your time and commitment. Give this gift to yourself, contact us today. For more information on locations and class dates, or to register, please click here.