April 12-13, 2019
Scott Conference Center
6450 Pine St., Omaha, NE
Helping cancer survivors and their caregivers create their best lives, this special two-day event featured Olympic Gold Medalist Scott Hamilton, the world’s most recognized male figure-skating star. Honorary Event Chairwoman was Shirley Young, president of The Jim and Shirley Young Family Foundation, which funds initiatives to ease cancer-related hardships.
Thank your for your support to the Celebration! Check back here for plans in 2020!
Celebration Luncheon on Friday! Conference on Saturday!
Thank you for your tremendous support to this event! The luncheon was supported by over 300 attendees: area businesses, community members, civic leaders, survivors, caregivers and medical professionals! It was a wonderful opportunity to support cancer survivors and their caregivers, with proceeds funding A Time To Heal’s free wellness recovery classes and programs. Check back here for information on plans for 2020!
- Open to all community members, businesses and healthcare professionals
- Keynote speaker and cancer survivor Scott Hamilton, “How the Short Person Can Rise Above Their Expectations”
- Friday, April 12, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
5th Annual “Art of Living Beyond Cancer” Conference
Thank you for your support to the 5th annual conference, celebrating five years filled with Hope, Help and How-To's. This educational and motivating conference again brought together the best-of-the-best information and resources for anyone whose life has been affected by cancer.
- Open to all cancer survivors, their caregivers and healthcare professionals
- Keynote speaker and cancer survivor Scott Hamilton, “Making Every Moment Count”
- Choice of three breakout sessions: “Immunotherapy: Treatment for Cancer,” “Circle of Spirit: Meaningful Connections through Creativity” and “Getting Comfortable in Your Body: How Exercise Can Help You Manage Pain and More.”
- General session: “Taming the Worry Monster,” featuring ATTH Founders Stephanie Koraleski, Ph.D., and Kay Ryan, Ph.D, RN
- Vendor Resource Fair and Book Bazaar
- Continuing Education (CE) hours available for select healthcare professions
- Saturday, April 13, 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Thanks again to Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development for providing Continuing Education credit for the April 13th conference!